SUMMARY OF BILLS
- 1419 would require a MINIMUM $500,000.00 fine (up to 1.5 million) for any violation accompanying a fatality or SERIOUS physical injury.
- 1421 GPS to be required on cranes.
- 1422 crane boom lowering is only allowed under certain conditions.
- 1423 DOB to report on all sheds in NYC, names, addresses, companies, owners, violations, etc.
- 1427 requires a residence to be further defined as spending 15 or more hours a week there.
- 1429 all workers to receive task specific safety instructions when a hazardous operation is to take place or when task is required to have it supervised by a license.
- 1431 Registering lift directors by 7-1-18.
- 1432 All city financed projects to only use contractors with an approved NYS apprenticeship program to be effective IMMEDIATELY.
- 1433 This would require DOB to post by June 2017 all injuries to workers and/or members of the public on its website every month as well as whether the worker was a union member.
- 1435 require all cranes to have a Data Recording Device.
- 1436 this would require DOB to report to City Council on the status of every SSM/SSC application, how many, duration of background, number of site safety projects, etc.
- 1437 this requires the doubling of civil penalties if a contractor’s “violation ratio” (# of violations divided by square footage) exceeds the violation ratio of 90 % of other contractors.
- 1442 assigning one of 5 tiers to safety registration holders.
- 1444 requires all workers to receive orientations, not just major buildings, in the language of their choice.
- 1445 requiring nets, guardrails to protect shaftways and openings.
- 1446 creating B1 and B2 HMO licensing.
- 1447 requires a 10-Hour OSHA for all workers. Also requires apprenticeships for all major building projects.
- 1448 requires site safety plans and SSM/SSC on buildings 4 stories or taller.
Photo Credit: http://labs.council.nyc/press/press-photos/